Last day of May and I finally have time to post my WIPocalypse update.
I mostly worked on the Mira RR and a little on a band sampler RR which returned to me a couple months ago. I did some knitting but most of my time was taken up with moving to a new house and unpacking. Not alot of stitching but progress was made.

Here is the Christmas Reindeer themed Mira RR which I worked on for Sophia.

I stitched “Vixen”. Could not take a picture of the entire RR because my husband had the camera and he was in Vancouver,BC with my son. This image is a scan of what I stitched. I did not do the borders just the reindeer.

Advertisements

A bit late on my update for the WIPocalypse, but I think I have a good excuse. We moved into a new house about 2 1/2 weeks ago. So the last 4 -5 weeks we have been packing, cleaning and moving.

I do have a few things that I worked on this last month. First I finished a pair of baby booties

which will be given to a friend along with a blanket and toy. The blanket is coming along and the toy is knit but not put together yet.

These are my current knitting adventures.

My stitching adventures include:

1. a few more letters finished on my Medieval Sampler

2. a small amount done on one of my Crazy January Challenges, the Letter R for my daughter Rachel

3. more set up stitching for the Band Sampler RR which begins next month

4. a little more stitching on a mystery sampler that I started a couple months ago

5. the only stitching thing I finished this last month just before the move was my part in the Mira RR that I am currently working on

That is my update for the WIPocalypse.

My TUSAL is pitiful, mostly some yarn tails.


Lots more boxes to unpack and I can’t find all my stitching stuff yet, slowly but surely it will all get done.

Have a happy stitching day.

Mira RR 2nd Round

March 22, 2012

I finished my part of Catherine’s Rose themed Mira RR today. I stitched Rose of Sharon and I changed her dress to green at Catherine’s request. I also did a red hair conversion which I did not use for this RR.

And here is the entire RR so far:

I will probably send this out early next week because I will be moving in a few weeks. I wouldn’t want it to get packed away and not be able to find it.

My other stitching this week was my layout for the upcoming Band Sampler RR. It is coming along. I should have all the preliminary stitching done no later than the middle of next month.

March TUSAL

March 22, 2012

Here is my TUSAL photo for March:

A bunch of stitching this month, mostly on my Mira RR and next Band Sampler RR.

A small update

March 16, 2012

I have been sick all week. Stuck in bed since Sunday. Between bouts of fever and coughing I have gotten some stitching done. I worked some more on my May Band Sampler RR and a new SAL I just started with the Friendly Stitchers group called Dawn of Spring designed by Mouse.

The scroll work outline is done on the area that the other stitchers will use to stitch their bands on my Band Sampler. I will go back and backstitch the center of the scrolls with gold metallic thread. The center area will be for initials and the title of the Sampler and a flower will adorn the bottom center area.
Here it is so far:

The other project is the new SAL called Dawn of Spring. Here is part one stitched up:

I am using 28ct SW Mountain Mist fabric, Carrie’s Creation Pansy Splash thread, MH beads #03047 and also required is some silk ribbon which I have a pale pink organdy or pale lavender organdy ribbon to use when necessary (I haven’t decided which to use yet). I am now patiently waiting for the next part to come out.

If I feel well enough tomorrow it is back to work and my mini vacation was spent sick. Oh well, but I did get some uninterrupted stitching done.

I am posting this a couple days late but work got in the way. I did not have a lot of progress on my project that I chose for this last month. I had decided to focus on a sampler I designed back in 2004 and of course it has been sitting unfinished since then. I was able to do a few more letters on my breaks at work. Even though I was not able to spend much time on it I still have a little progress and that is what this year is all about.

The other stitching projects I have been working on are a Mira RR and my set up for a Band Sampler RR that begins in May. I stitched a Santa from Christmas Wishes for Kathy’s Christmas themed Mira and now I am stitching the lady from Rose of Sharon for Catherine’s Rose themed Mira RR. My Band Sampler RR starting in May is based on Indigo Rose band sampler patterns. Whenever I do a band sampler I organize it to the nth degree. I usually have all the spaces planned out for all the stitchers. This is what I have done so far:

The other project I have been working on is a knitted baby blanket and booties for a lady at work who is due in May.

So a lot of stitching and knitting going on just not a lot on my designated WIPocalypse project.

TUSAL

February 21, 2012

It’s time to post my February TUSAL:

Quite a bit of stitching this month. Working on RR’s, WIPocalypse and the Crazy January Challenge.